Memorial Hospital of Converse County
The Memorial Hospital of Converse County is a Critical Access Hospital. The hospital is in the center of town and attracts locals to eat in their Cafe because the food is so good.
- The kitchen and cafeteria were dated and unable to meet demands from the increased volume of people eating in the cafeteria
DRS created a master plan in coordination with hospital leadership to:
- Increase the size of the kitchen
- Expand the dining room
- Create a new Café
- Provide a plan that allows the hospital to expand for decades to come
Increased capacity resulted in increased revenue and positive PR for the hospital.
- DRS completed the plan without having to move other departments by adding additional exterior walls; this allows for the rest of the hospital’s operations to be unaffected by the improvements to the cafeteria
- DRS designed action stations in the Café to prepare and serve sandwiches, salads, soups, a grill menu and daily entrée specials, resulting in the possibility for increased revenue
“With the increased revenues we have been able to hire a full time executive chef, full time retail cook, full time dietitian and 2 full time shift supervisors. Chef Greg is a great leader and I for one cannot imagine us ever reaching these goals without him.”Felicia Smith, CDM, CFPP Director of Food and Nutrition, Arbor Cafe, Memorial Hospital of Converse County